Wild Yarn
Monday, November 13, 2006
  Monday Monday
Well, after a weekend of cold, wet, grey weather it is nice to begin the week with a promise of 60 degrees and sunshine. It won't last but a few days but that is okay with me, I'll take it when I can get it.

We went to a Pow Wow on Saturday (I got a great appreciation for what the natives had to put up with, weather wise--burrrrrr). It was great. Lots of dancing and drumming and nice, friendly vendors. There were a couple of vendors that needed an attitude adjustment but I just turned heels and walked to the next tent, instead. I got some white sage and sweet grass along with some beads and the coolest South American Toad made of clay from New Mexico. Check him out...

Isn't he just the handsomest? The clay is really cool because it comes out in the Kiln in all sorts of swirly colors of the earth: reds, browns, yellows and black. Brilliant! The artist signed and dated the bottom.

Yesterday I made a bunch of eye pillows for my boss. She wants to give them to some of her clients as Christmas gifts. I told her I'd give her a good price on them. All that is left to do to them is fill them with flax seed and essential oils and zip them closed through the sewing machine. Then I will have a bit of sock yarn cash (hehe). Have a great start to the week. Peace~ DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee