Wild Yarn
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
  Think Pink
October is the time to bring Breast Cancer into the forefront of our culture and hopefully make some improvement in treatment. My mother passed away from breast cancer 5 years ago. I wish that on no one and hope above all hope that if you know someone with breast cancer or are fighting it yourself, that you gain strength in knowing that my prayers as well as many others are with you.

I don't know what the hell is going on in this country. WHY ARE PEOPLE SHOOTING OUR KIDS IN SCHOOL! I can't even begin to articulate how upsetting this is, how sad and deplorable. I hold these people in my thoughts and can only hope that brighter days are ahead for them as well as all of the people in the U.S. We seriously need to get a grip.

Finally on this cheer filled post, Haynesworth, you don't need to be playing football professionally anymore. Simply put, you are fired. If anyone of us went to work and stomped on a co-workers head we could bet that tomorrow we maybe looking at criminal charges and definitely no future paycheck from that company. Hello, where is the logic? Professional sports is not a game, it is a job and it comes with a heightened dose of responsibility because it is in the publics face.

I'm feeling a little disgruntled today (not enough to go out and harm people, cause I have a conscience--that was judgmental, but frankly some accountability needs to be taken and I'm tired of all the excuses--I won't even get started on Mark Foley and his appetite for teenage boys-sick bastard).

On an upbeat note: I start my sock knitting class this morning and I am really looking forward to it. Thank goodness for knitting, the seat of sanity in these insane times.
Peace and blessings to you all~DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee