Wild Yarn
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
  Sock It To Me, Baby
Well, I went to my first sock class yesterday and had a ball. There are 5 of us in the class and I probably have the most experience (if you can call it that). I was just flying through the casting on and knitting on DPN's (this time with four instead of my usual three). Our homework is to knit about 6" of our ribbing for the top of the sock and then we will get into the heel. Yikes! this is the part that makes me a bit nervous. All that twisting and turning and picking up and decreasing. But I know that it will be fine and I will have a spiffy pair of socks in a safe colorway made for just my tootsies. I am already thinking about the next pair and what kinds of yarn colors I want them to be. Sad isn't it.

I have had to put down the cable scarf for a bit but will work on it some when my "homework" is done. I also have started a cute little kid sweater for the Dulaan project. I ordered some nice wool from handpaintedyarn.com and am working on a pattern from One Skein (which it isn't, by the way. It takes way more than one skein and I'm sorry but one skein of 5 different colors does not qualify as "one skein" in my knitting world). I did finish this neat little hat made from Paton's SWS yarn. I love the colorway stripes. It is nice and soft and shinny.


We will probably get down all the Halloween stuff and get busy decorating the house this weekend. The young one is getting antsy. Most of our neighbors put out bales of straw and stack pumpkins and little scarecrow on top and sprinkle pots of mums in yellow and orange to add that country flair. We tend toward the macabre and do the whole scary, spidery, "turn-back-now" stuff. We are going mask shopping tomorrow for the youngest costume. He likes masks. What can I say.

Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee