Wild Yarn
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
  Great Day for a Sock Class
Well, we will get to the sock saga in a moment. First of all, I wanted to share my fame (ha, ha). I received my copy of the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-Day Calendar. I am Ms. January 5, 2007:



I'm so proud. It's a really soft and cozy scarf cause it's made with Red Heart Symphony.

We had such a great weekend. Friday I got another tattoo. I'll take a picture in a couple of days. Saturday we saw The Departed, excellent movie--Go See It!! and Sunday we went to an Irish Pub for Irish food and live Irish music. It was so much fun and the food was great and the price was really good! We sang and laughed and drank pints of Guiness (my personal favorite). Anyway, it is back to the regular work week now.

Okay, sock class is today. I am excited and all but. . . well, I found this awesome book at Books A Million (Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen) and I highly recommend it:

It has some great great patterns and information about charities (including personal stories of how they got started). It is just a great book for your pattern library. Inside, the second pattern was for thick socks called Peace Fleece Classic Wool Socks. I read through the pattern and found it called for size 5 dpn's and ww wool. The pattern was really well written and so I thought, "I finished my homework for sock class--6" of ribbing--what the hell".

And so this was born:

It's not the most beautiful of socks, but I made it!! hello, I made a sock! I am so full of happiness. This will remain our little secret. I don't want to go into class and be like "look what I did over the weekend". They may stone me with dpn's and yarn balls. It fits, too. I've already begun the second sock. I figure they will be nice to slip on at nite while watching t.v. My tootsies get cold and these are thick and warm. Hehe.

Got to get ready for class. Have a great week everyone. Peace~DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee