Wild Yarn
Thursday, September 07, 2006
  Simple Knits
From the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits mag, the Streakers Shrug:

I made mine in Highland Wool from Elann.com. I used 5 balls of the darker blue and 2 of the grey. I followed the pattern exactally (shock!) and it fits just fine, yippie!

I love the lacy cuffs and the fact that I can wear this in my house when I get chilly and it won't get in the way by being to bulky. If you like shrugs (which I do) then this is a nice pattern with enough variation to make it interesting. One thing I learned: don't block ribbing--it takes out the elasticity. I know, I know, "DUH" but we all can't be brilliant all at once, what fun would that be?

Oh, and it only took me a couple of months to crank out. That was sarcasum. I tend to knit three to five things at once and therefore nothing gets done overly quick.

Here is a sneak peek at the next project that will be off the needles soon. I would say by this weekend, but I have to work Saturday and that is going to cut into the knitting time considerably. These are the Knucks from knitty.com. My first attempt at fingers (sorta). I have finished one of them and am glad to report it fits fine so I am excited about getting this one done. I won't put any words on this pair, but the next pair will have a little someum' someum'.

Cheers!

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee