Wild Yarn
Sunday, August 20, 2006
  "Fetching" Winston
Welcome the newest addition to our stable of dogs. This is Winston, a 10 week old Boxer. He is just too cute for words. All I wanted to do was stop by and see all the boxers in the back of the pick up truck. I just wanted to smell them. There is nothing like puppy smell. Next thing I know my husband (who is a boxer freak and has been jonesing for one since our last boxer died in 1999) is making the guys an offer and already pointing out the one he wants!! Hey, hey!! I just wanted to smell them. . . now we have 3 dogs. The other two are over joyed. Well, my german shepard is anyway. The beagle is jealous to beat the band.

On my "paws" are the Fetching gloves at Knitty. I just finished them this morning and thought that they would be cute with the dog. Here they are alone:


Stats: Fetching pattern

One ball each of Debbie Bliss Merino Aran wool in green and blue

Size 6 DPN's

Here is what I learned: 1)Debbie Bliss merino aran only has 76 yards, not 98 like the cashmerino aran. It was on sale at my LYS for $2.40! so I bought 2 balls thinking I'd make one pair of blue and one pair of green. Not! so I compromised and made one pair of blue/green gloves. 2)Read the pattern and follow "as is", not "read into the pattern". I literally for 2 days stressed over the hole for the thumb because I was reading INTO the pattern and not following it as it was written. I woke up at 4 a.m on Thursday after dreaming about it and finally figured it out. Now that is knitting dedication. No one should ever question my commitment to this craft, EVER! 3) I don't like the picot bind off and will not do it on my next pair. So there. I added a few extra rows to the thumb and I will make my next pair longer to cover more of my fingers. Otherwise: Great pattern and very useful fall gloves. Make a pair--I dare ya.

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee