Wild Yarn
Monday, June 26, 2006
  Whoooo is up for a FO?

This is the Asymmetrical Cable Hat from OneSkein.
Finished Size: adult
Yarn: chunky alpaca from my LYS
Needles: size 11 20" circulars [addi turbos!]
Love this hat. I changed the top. Instead of putting on a pompom {blah!} I folded the top into a square pleat and sewed it together. There are 5 different cables on this hat~! which means you can wear it several ways for a different look. If you you choose to make this hat, use the smallest dimesions given--it is ribbie so it stretches alot! I made it in the second smallest size and it is roomy on my head. I'm gonna make 2 more in LionBrand Wool Ease chunky.



Now, WHOOO is up for some fun? I think I have found my Wild Yarn Mascot:


This is Hooty. Hooty has been making his way into various places in our house ever since one of my son's friends thought he was a bit creepy and popped him around a door to scare the other son on the computer. He has since popped up over my shoulder while knitting {not a bright idea} and poked his head into the bathroom while I was, well, occupied.


Right now, Hooty is waiting in son #2's bed. Should be interesting. So, don't be surprised if you see Hooty admiring yarn or projects or peering over the shoulder of some unsuspecting model on this blog. I rather like him. . . creepy, mmm but who could resist those big yellow eyes?

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee