Wild Yarn
Friday, June 02, 2006
  The First Knitted Garment

This is the Anthropologie-Inspired caplet (personally I think it is more of a mini-sweater, but hey, you create it, you name it). I took a real gamble because this was my first knitted garment and I didn't follow the pattern! **gasp! shock**. Well, I followed the pattern but I had to make guess-ta-ments because I used WW yarn and not chunky. So, here is a break down.
Red Heart in "bone" maybe a little more than one skein
Needles: size 9 21" circulars
I cast on 84 stitches instead of 49 and went from there.
Here is a break-down of Row 1 for the placement of the markers:

Row 1: RS k2, p13,yo, pm, p1, yo, p14, yo, pm, p1, yo, p24, yo, pm, p1, yo, p14, yo, pm, p1, yo, p13, k2

I think it turned out well. I will wear it for sure. **HOWEVER: I would modify it further the next time. The garter stitch sides are only 2 stitches wide (not enough, this bad boy curled like my hair in humidity). I would make it at least 5 stitches wide**. I would recommend this pattern, highly. I plan on making at least 2 more. One in black and one in a stripe, I think.

Onto other forms of entertainment. We are having a deck built on the back of the house and before they put in the flooring we had slats and a verying daring dog. May I present Buster of the Nimble Beagles:


When this extra large, roomy deck is done I will post before and after shots. Right now it is floored and has stairs but no railings yet. It rained this afternoon cutting short the construction time. . . so we have to wait for Monday for the rest to get done.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! Peace~ DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee