Wild Yarn
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
  Some Stuff
I have a few things to show you before we leave for our trip. First of all I have 3 collage cards for a swap I'm doing. Two are going out of the country and one is going to California.











The backs are pretty cool looking too, but I already have the addresses on them and I don't know how to do that thing where you blur out images you don't want seen, so you will just have to trust me.














Here is the {almost} completed stockinette purse:
As you can see I am making slow progress on the I-cord (truly tedious and boring work). I also switched up the pattern a bit. I made it about an inch bigger than their dimensions and instead of their flap, I switched to garter stitch for about an inch and a half for the flap. I'm gonna sew some shells on the edge to keep the flap down, add the cord for the strap and make a lining from a bandana (possibly a zipper in the lining). It is really red! good thing I like that color. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or give it away, yet.

I have begun work on my next knit project. I'm not gonna tell what it is yet, but hopefully when next I blog I will have a picture to show. Right now it is 4 inches long and I have had to start it 4 times!! Almost had to do it over again because I wasn't paying attention to where I was in the pattern and I had to take out a complete row of stitches. I suck at that right now cause I don't know which way the yarn should be, do I put the needle in the front or the back of the loop, etc. It is all a learning process. I told my husband that I am expanding my brains capacity for knowledge and if I keep this up I'm gonna be the smartest old woman he ever knew.

Here is a shot of the crochet baby blanket {so you won't think I've ditched my crochet}:

I haven't really shown the pattern yet. This is the block that will be at the top and bottom and in the middle will be mostly the chocolate with some multi color stripes. I need two more ball of the yarn, though. Go figure. I never seem to buy the right amount and since this not a pattern I had to wing the amount. Winged it wrong.

Okay, that is it for now. I will blog again next week after we get back from the trip. I will have some pictures of the prom couple as well as a few others, I'm sure. Until then, have a great weekend and I will blog at 'cha later.
~ DAWN


 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee