Wild Yarn
Saturday, March 18, 2006
  I'm A Dirty Rotten Cheater. . .
. . and I don't even care! Ha! I have picked up my knitting again (after taking a gander at Sue's pretty knit afghan). I picked up my needles and clicked on Knitting Help and started again, after 4 months of setting it aside. It came back easier and better and my tension (which was my deal breaker last time) was a thing of the past. I don't know what happened. Suddenly it just clicked. Go figure. After swatching for a bit, I got out my Noro Silk Garden yarn (#86) that I'd been saving and my #10 needles and the pattern for Crazy Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf and after about 4 hours of knit, purl, knit, purl this is what I have to show for it:



Come on now! that is awesome, ain't it? Hell, yah! I am so hap hap happy I could dance. Hold on....... okay, I'm back. So be truthful, that is worth cheating on Beatrice, right. Yeah, I know.

So you won't think B. got the better of me, take a look at Thursday's progress:

Yes, she looks innocent enough, but please do not be fooled. This is what a bitch in crochet can look like. Perhaps I'm the only one who has had trouble with her, I don't know but let me just say: I am so happy that I did not buy this pattern or there would be a warrant out for my arrest. Thank god for small miricles.

Oh, just a little side note for the knitting: I am a Continental Knitter! oh, last time I got all kinds of advice about trying the "English" style. I tried and about wanted to cry. I thought, what a dumb ass I must be. This is how little kids learn. Aurghhhh. So I said to myself, "Dawn, you crocheted first and are use to holding the yarn in your left hand, so this is only natural for you." And it was. So that is my style, so to speak.

I have a client that is going to have a baby in July (alas, not near my birthday July 23rd). Anyway, she is having a girl and is doing her nursery in Chocolate and Pink so I chose these yarns to make a baby blanket for her: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/DawnsRays/Just%20Yarn/pinkandchocolate.jpg

Blogger is being a ass, so just click the link to observe the yarn... I'm using the Simple Baby blanket for the pattern. Okay, have a great weekend. Peace~ DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee