Wild Yarn
Sunday, February 12, 2006
  Music and a Movie
We just got back from the movies. We saw "The Pink Panther" (which is the ring tone on my phone, by the way). It was hilarious! I loved Peter Sellers in the original and for a remake I can't think of anyone better to take his role than Steve Martin. It was soooo good. If you are a fan of the original or of Steve, then you have to see this. On a side note there are some future movies that by the trailers alone are gonna kill at the box office: Over the Hedge (cartoon), The Bench Warmers and RV (with Robin Williams).

Onto music. I just bought James Blunt "Back to Bedlam" and am loving it. I like the fact that it doesn't have the music machine stink on it. It is very open and raw. Great musically and lyrically. Yes, I know that the song "you're beautiful" has been hijacked by every advertising ladder climber, but it is still a lovely song. I like it, still. The cover art is pretty cool, too. Very movement oriented.



We have had hit and miss snow showers on and off all weekend which is just making a mess of everything outside. It is yucky, cold and just generally unpleasant. I really don't like the cold and I really don't like snow. It is pretty on a postcard or out a window but to have to go out in it. . . burrrrrrrr

My husband is totally happy. He is watching the Bud Shoot Out. It is a prelude to what my life is like now that racing season is upon us once again. Personally, it is perfect background for taking a nap. You know, the whole 'white noise' thing. Except for the annoying announcers. Apparently, announcers are boring and a bit ignorant sounding no matter what sport or event they are hosting.

Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee