Wild Yarn
Sunday, December 18, 2005
  The Kookaburra Song
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me!

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me

Kookaburra sits on a rusty nail
Gets a boo-boo in his tail
Cry, Kookaburra! Cry, kookaburra!
Oh how life can be!


I just love that song.

We had our office party last nite and I gave out the scarves. Everyone loved them (or pretended to). I ate a great steak and did a few Christmas shots but kept a level head and am glad of that this morning. I know a few people that woke up this morning, probably hugging the toilet. I don't miss those days AT ALL. I also don't miss bars. Good God!! I came home smelling like a freakin' ash tray. I had to wash my hair at 1 in the morning so I could sleep. Me and the husband undressed in the garage and that is where the clothes stayed until they were dipped in the wash this morning.

We are going to see "King Kong" today. I am looking forward to this movie. I have always liked King Kong and the special effects on this one look fantastic. It's gonna be a three hour tour (as Gilligan would say). I hope it doesn't feel like 3 hours. We are taking the youngest one's little friend with us as well.

Picked up the HoneyBaked Ham yesterday (for Christmas dinner), it's a 10 pounder. Also got a smoked turkey, for today's dinner. Just so you will know, the shops are full to over flowing with crazy people right now. If you don't have to go to a mall or shopping center, I suggest you don't. If you do, go early and arm yourself with a good breakfast (you'll need it), listen to soothing music and breathe. Try not to loose your cool. It just isn't worth it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS EVE!!! or so I've been told about a hundred times by the young one.
Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee