Wild Yarn
Sunday, October 30, 2005
  Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween Everyone!!
Hey everyone,
I'm still here. I have been working on this "Lush Carpet Bag". A pattern I got from a Leisure Arts book called In the Bag featuring Lion Brand yarns. I love me some Homespun. Not working with it, per say, but the colors and texture of it are great!!

I used Adirondack Homespun(it took about 2 and a little of 3 skeins) plus Basil Thick chenille (2 skeins). I already had the Homespun so really it cost me about $12 for the chenille. The handles are some my husband has made for me for just such occasions. Sorry the picture is so wonky; I had it all nice and laid out and found that the camera had no batteries (surprise). Then while they were charging, I filled the bag with my work stuff and just propped it against the wall.
It is super thick. Makes the fabric of the bag more dense. With this bulky yarn I had to use a J hook. Yikes. My fingers are sore now, but it was worth it.

Hope you all have fun on Halloween and that you all got that extra hour of sleep Sunday morning. I was up early, but that is nothing new.
Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee