Wild Yarn
Sunday, October 16, 2005
  THE BAG
May I present to you my felted "well traveled" bag:

Before felting:
Size was 10" wide x 11" tall x 5" deep (ignore the cording because I didn't like how it turned out felted so I made a different handle).






After felting :
Finished size is 7" wide x 9" tall x 4" deep. I used some metal eyelets for the holes to slide the handle through (you can't really see those in the picture) and I made my handle from leather that I braided and then knotted at the ends.




Here is a side view:

I used Knitpicks wool of the Andes yarn:
2 skeins blueberry
2 skeins fern
1 skein maple syrup
1 skein snickerdoodle
6 yards of leather cut into 2 yards each
8 eyelets
and 3 times in the wash cycle and one in the spin and tahdah! I love how it turned out and the colors are great and the wool felted like a dream. It is holding its bottom shape really well, but if I feel like it need support (and who doesn't) then I will cut a piece of plastic canvas to fit and cover it with some felt or cloth and that should take care of any "saggy" bottom. I wish mine where as easy to fix, but that is another story.

Thanks for checking in to see how it turned out. I was told that Julie of the booga bag may get upset about my crochet bag so I won't be offering it to CrochetMe. If any of you want the pattern, however, let me know and I will send it to you. Have a great day! Peace~ DAWN

P.S per Elizabeths advice *grin* I have contacted Julie and asked if you would mind if I offered the pattern publically. I'll let you know what she says.
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee