Wild Yarn
Sunday, September 11, 2005
  Secret Pal Strike
My secret pal stiked on Saturday! I got a triple hit. . . 2 post cards, one from Ireland and one from England and a package from Canada. My head is spinning. I don't know where she is, what she is doing, or when she will strike again. I am thrilled with the postcards and the snippets of what she is up too and the package; well, just look at what was inside. 2 skeins of (pecan color) Alpaca--soooo soft and 2 skeins of Amlie in a grape/purple shade and feathery soft as well. I feel a hat and some wristlets coming on. Plus I now have some bunny pellets (ummm) and some Rose scented bath salts (can't wait to try them). Happy happy me!! Thank you secret pal!!

I have been up to some "secret crochet" as well, but can not show it for fear of being outed. It is coming along nicely, though. Plus, I finished my scarves for the scarf swap. My swappie is getting two (she knows, I told her). I plan on writing up one of the scarves as a pattern. I may submit it to the next Pattern a day calendar. Not sure yet. Pictures to come on that one.

I decided I was just gonna do it. I picked up a pair of needles and surfed the web and after many many rants and some cussing and a little heavy sighing. . .


Tahdah. . . my very first attempt at knitting. My stitches look like crap, but I don't care. I did it and I'm proud. I have know idea how to bind off yet and I am sure that I even did this stitch wrong, but at least I am giving it a try after several years of thinking about it. It will be a long winter, I will have plenty of time to practice. Anyway, there she is in all her wonkie glory. My goal is to be good enough at knitting to make hats. I LOVE the look of knitted hats. There are some really cute patterns out there and I want to be able to make a few.

Peace all~
DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee