Wild Yarn
Saturday, September 03, 2005
  Humming Bird Manslaughter
Well, I don't think I've committed hummingbird manslaughter, yet. I think this one will be fine. You see, we have two feeders out back and one is by the kitchen window and the other by out sliding glass doors. Yesterday, a humming bird slammed into the door (while trying to chase away another humming bird) and knocked himself silly. It took about 20 minutes, but he finally flew away. Then again this afternoon another one did the same thing (I hope it wasn't the same one!). He is finally sitting up, but he is really dazed. We moved the feeder.

I made the coolest scarf this morning. I am making another one (this time wider) and should have it done by tomorrow for posting. They work up so fast and look so chic. This may be the scarf of choice for gifts this year. A little yarn yields quite a lot. I know, I'm teasing you--just a cliff hanger so you will tune in again.

My son's iPod mini is on the fritz. We contaced the company and they are sending the necessay box and paperwork to replace it. Unfortunately, this is the second time we've had to do this in 2 1/2 months. It got really hot while he was listening to it and then it started to malfunction. Fingers crossed that this one is "THE ONE".

If you are looking to create some articles for charity but don't know what charity, give Ro's webpage One Small Thing a look see. She can hook you up with a charity for the project you may have in mind. I love this idea!

Okay, have a great Labor Day Weekend and check back tomorrow for the scarves (*grin*) Peace~ DAWN

p.s. the bird lives!!!!
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee