Wild Yarn
Saturday, July 16, 2005
  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Well, here we are all dressed and ready to go to the movies. Yes, this was the day we've been waiting for for several months (sad, but true). And let me tell you, it was so worth the wait. This movie was the original (dare I say it. . .YES!) only BETTER. Truly. It was true to the original movie in all the right spots and it took from the book in all the right spots. The ending was far better in this one than the original. I just think Johnny Depp is a great actor. I'm not just saying that cause I would stalk him; he truly is brilliant. The kids in the movie were perfectly cast and you get to know Willie Wonka and why he is the recluse that he is (and why he has the most outstanding teeth!). If you like Roald Dahl and the first movie, you will love this movie: I swear. If you don't believe me, would you believe the "after the movie" photo?

Just look at those thumbs up (especially the little one; Wowzers). Is that an endorsement or what.
Here are some things to look for in the movie:
*Mumbler
*an It's a Small World moment, only with flames
*the invisable elevator (ha!)
*the dancing and singing Oompahs (they are way hipper than the old ones)
*Cotton Candy sheep? what do you think?

Okay, enough of that. I did get some crochet in but you will have to wait till tomorrow for the picture of Dot's Little Ditty bag. Mainly cause I want to read some more in my book selection of the moment (see side bar, you know you wanna).
Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee