Wild Yarn
Thursday, March 17, 2005
  Luck of the Irish!
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!

I am a lot Irish, so I wish you all a great St. Patty's day and toast all of my friends and family with a Guinness (cause dark beer rules!).

In honor of this day I am preparing an Irish Stew with lots of fresh veggies and a red wine base, mmmmm. And because it snowed and all the kids are home today (that is Irish luck, for sure) I also made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies. I feel so domestic today.

I started on some embroidery, which I have not done in a long time. I have a ton of floss and a ton of ideas so I figure I better put them to use. I also finished one of the "flowers" for the flower swap. It is the cuttiest damn thing I have seen in awhile. It worked up pretty fast so each of my swappies are getting two!! I will post a picture when I get them in the mail. I also started on one of these (Beth's Little Star Afghan). It is so cute and works up so fast. Some crocheter's over at Craftster.org are working on it and I love the results so I thought I'd give it a try. Some have been complaining that the pattern is confusing but I have to say--it is really straight forward to me--no problem. But I also don't have a hard time following patterns, so. . . anyhow, I'm using up the extra yarn from the Granny baby blanket. Jewels asked the final size of the baby blanket; it is 38 inches squared. There are 28 rows and a half dc boarder. I used a J hook and w.w yarn. Thank you for all the kudos on the blanket (smile)

Enjoy something Irish today (even if it's just Lucky Charms) and give someone not wearing green a little pinch -- a cute guy would be my first choice -- have a great one!!

Peace all
~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee