Wild Yarn
Monday, February 21, 2005
  umpa lumpa dupidee do
We went to Hot Topic the other day and I got a Willie Wonka tee shirt. I love it! I can't wait for the new Willie Wonka movie to come out this summer. What could be better than Chocolate and Johnny Depp? hmmm, not a whole hell of a lot, that's what. They had 50% off their clearance items and I got a Jack Skeleton rug for only $5 !! I am a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so this was a big deal to me. On a similar note: coming in October of this year Tim Burton has a new movie coming out in the Nightmare fashion and it is called The Corpse Bride! Johnny Depp does the main characters voice. I can't wait for that one either.

The stitch on my fabulous shawl is the petal stitch. There are several places on the net to find it. Here are a few:
Bella Online
Hass Design
Planet Shoup
They are all pretty good and hopefully if you are looking to master this stitch, one of them can help. If not. . . maybe Donna would be willing to give some pointers:)

We have been having some serious rain here the last couple of days. It is really soggy right now and my poor dogs are going stir crazy from lack of exercise. I'm not going stir crazy cause everyone is home from work/school for the holiday and it is a house full. Plus, I have plenty of crochet projects to keep me occupied. I have finished another scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I am also starting a simple granny square blanket for a friend of mine. She had her third baby one month ago and she is so precious. She sent a picture today and I'm in love! I think she will like this banket, and since it is a granny, it will go quickly and I can get it mailed off soon. I was gonna make a blankie for the Cal at Crochetville, but when I got the photo today, I thought to myself, she deserves a blanket, too.

I've given you a lot to click on today, so you best get busy. Have a great Presidents day and if you have the day off......Right On!!

Peace~ DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee