Wild Yarn
Friday, February 18, 2005
  Better Day
I am having a better day today, so I will blog blog blog. First off a little nature observation while I type. My yarn (I typed yarn--haha) my yard if full of birds! a variety actually: a beautiful cardnal, some blue jays--a personal favorite-- some snow birds and our personal house wren. They build a nest every year in our garage and hatch a brood of babies. It's awesome.

I finished the wrap (yes, I said wrap) for the shawl/poncho swap. I love it and am so tempted to keep it for myself. I won't of course but it turned out so pretty and the weight of it is perfect. I will take a picture later and post it just before I send it off to the person who will take it on an adventure *hint hint* She doesn't read my blog anyway. I am crocheting a little something extra to go with it and when that is done, it will be on its way. I hope she likes it and gets some use out of it. I really put a lot of thought into it for her.

Believe it or not, but I am projectless except for the extra something for the swap! wow, its liberating and overwhelming all at once. Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of project ideas and stashes of yarn for them the problem is deciding on what to start next. I have a couple of new books in my posession with all kinds of stitches just waiting to be tried out. I think I'm gonna start something for me this time. Eeeek!

My older two boys have been out of school for the last couple of days plus they get out on Monday for a holiday. The school board cancelled classes Thurs and Fri because the flu bug has hit our county pretty hard. I guess they are hoping a 5 day weekend will help squash it. We have been lucky and not had the flu only colds. Mine, by the way is on the way out! yippie! My poor youngest son is feeling like the ugly step child because he has to go to school. He goes to a city school and they play by their own rules. Poor baby. He does get to go to a birthday party/sleepover tonite, though. That makes it all better in a 9 year olds eyes.

Okay, rambling time is over. If you post I hope that you enjoy using the new Haloscan system that I had put on my blog. I like it better and hope you do as well. It was free and easy. They did it for me (if you have Blogger they will cut and paste everything for you, just click a few buttons). Have a great day all!!

Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee