Wild Yarn
Friday, January 14, 2005
  A New Book
I finished up "The Probable Future" by Alice Hoffman last nite. Very good book. I love anything she writes. Today I started on "The White" by Deborah Larsen. It's about Mary Jemison a girl of 16 captured by a Shawnee raiding party in the 1700's. It's not very long so it should be a short read (which is good because my 'to read' pile is quite high). I also ordered "When God was a Woman" and should be getting that soon. I'll read it simitaniously with whatever novel I'm reading at the time.

It has turned soo frickn' cold here. Urgh! I hate the cold. I really can't stand it when it is cold, cloudy and damp. I'm such a whimp. We will definately have a fire in the fireplace tonite! Probably all weekend.

I'm taking a lazy day today and doing a lot of nothing. Not gonna feel quilty about it one bit either. Hey, in the next couple of days I have my two older sons birthdays and my dads to cordinate, so I'm preparing. Mentally, that is. My boys are not being cooperative in the gift idea department. I think they were blown-away at Christmas by what they got that they really don't feel like they need anything else right now. That is a good thing, I'm guessing. So it will most likly be a money gift. What teenage boy doesn't like cash. I already got my dads gift. Just some art supplies for his painting hobby. That was easy enough. The birthday food is altogether differnt. My dad and middle son share the same b-day. One wants a lemon pie and the other wants a chocolate lush. Then three days later it's the older ones b-day and he wants a pie [yet to be determined]. That is three different desserts in a three day time period. Can anyone say--diet sabatoge.

Here is the Chocolate Lush recipe (you may read it and know it as something else):

1/2 c. margarine/butter (softened)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I like mine toasted)
1 c. confectioners sugar
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 c. Cool Whip
2 sm. pkg. Chocolate Instant pudding
3 c. cold milk

Mix first 3 ingredients and press into 13x9 pan and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool.
Mix sugar, cream cheese, and coolwhip and put on crust.
Mix instant pudding with mild and spread on cream cheese mixture.
Top with remaining cool whip (from the tub).


That's it. Hope you will try it and enjoy!!
Peace~ DAWN

 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee