Wild Yarn
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
  Doctor Day
Well, I had my annual "woman's" appointment at the doc's this morning. Ugh, I hate going in for that. As if it's not bad enough with the doctor and a nurse in there...this time he brought in a trainee. Thank god he didn't offer for her to "feel this" or "feel that". Don't you just love being the demo model? Then it took forever before he came back in to talk and he forgot my refill perscriptions and then I had to have blood drawn.....I need a nap. They're checking my cholesterol (which will probably be elevated cause I have been a bad girl when it comes to eating lately--lots of fast food in my diet, shame shame, I know). I also get to have yet another mamogram done (because my mom died of breast cancer). If you've had one of these done, you know how thrilled I am at this prospect, if you haven't. . .bless your heart. It hurts. Period. No sugar coating it or making it sound okay. It Fu**ing hurts. But we do what we have to do to stay healthy and alive for the ones we love. Enough of my self pity....moving on.

I have been lazy in the crochet department these last couple of days. I've been working on a secret which I'm almost done with, but other than that, I've just not gotten my hooks into anything. My doily for the Thread CAL is about 2 inches in diameter, and the ripple afghan for the Ripple CAL is still 15 rows along. I will work on both some today so I won't feel quilty for wanting yet more yarn. I'm holding back because I have so much as it is and I can't seem to crochet fast enough to put a dent in my stash.

For those of you reading this blog and looking out your windows at some crap-appy weather...I sure hope things clear up for you soon. What is going on in this country? Landslides, flooding, blizzards, holy-shit. It's like the last days or something. Hey, that could be a movie (I already saw it). Speaking of movies, we rented Little Black Book the other nite (cause I think Britney Murphy is cute) but the movie wasn't all that. So, don't waste your money on it. Have been watching the t.v show Medium with Patricia Aquette-- I really like this show. I hope it sticks around awhile. I love the fact that her character is a mom of three and she isn't built like a stick. Plus, she wants to make a difference and struggles at it like the rest of us. Her relationship with her husband is cute, too.

Okay, that's it for me. I'm gonna do some stuff around this house and *gasp* exercise!!! Have a great day and remember to smile from the inside out.

Okay get over to Marnie's blog right now and check out the cute canines she has posted about. If that doesn't put a smile on your face, you must be dead.


Peace~ DAWN



 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee