Wild Yarn
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
  Blog for Peace
I joined a new blog group that is doing an "a-long" for peace. If you want to check it out and or join please click on the botton under Links or click here Peace is Patriotic. As a disclaimer, I am not looking to be contraversial. My husband is in the military so was my dad. I am a military brat, so to speak so please, if this is not your thing--ignore it and move on. Don't feel like you need to lecture. My beliefs support all women standing in their power, peace and intention. Period.

Moving on.... thank you to those who shared some of their more gross moments with their animals. Glad to know there are those of you out there who know what it was like. With animals and children in your life, there can never be a dull moment. My adventures with the animal kingdom did continue yesterday. Although this was in no way in the same league as the dead bird in the lap, it was none the less very peculiar. I was putting away clothes in my closet and heard this buzzing noise at the window. I thought maybe a fly or something was stuck between the window pane and the screen. But no. . . I had not one, not two, not three, but four (4) bees inside the window. In the room with me! How they got there I have no clue. After smaking them and scooping them into a cup, I looked and looked but there was no crack or anything that looked like a way in. Bees! what the hell is up with that. Can't wait to see what happens today!

I started making the Seraphina shawl with the hand painted yarn I got on eBay and some of the RH Symphony mohair held together. Oh my god!! this is gonna be an awesome shawl. The pattern seemed intimidating to me, but Marvie gave me some encouraging words about it. I just wanted to get the right yarn for it and I think I succeeded. I am in the shawl/poncho swap at Crochetville and awaiting my swap partners info. I am very excited about picking out the yarn and pattern for this person. I love to make shawls and ponchos.

I have some organizing and cleaning to do today. My house is getting out of control. All I did yesterday was laundry!! yuck! I don't mind doing the laundry but I hate having to fold and put it all away. My older two do their own laundry. The youngest at least gets his together in piles for me and puts it away after I fold it. My husband and mine, however, is all mine! and unfortunately, yesterdays was about a week and a half's worth of clothes. Yes, underware was running low. So, I'm off to do the last load and the rest of the days chores. Have a great day!!

Peace~ DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee