Wild Yarn
Thursday, December 02, 2004
  German Lebkuchen
Well, it is official....Christmas is here at our house. I opened up the tin of German Lebkuchen and all is right with the world. Lebkuchen is German gingerbread. It's kind of a holiday staple around here. When my husbands grandmother was alive she sent us a beautiful tin every year around Thanksgiving and it would last till Christmas and sometimes beyond if I could hide stuff first. She died a couple of years ago, but we order the tins or get them from the AF base (they usually carry all kinds of European items). The tins are gorgeous and they come with a smaller tin inside and a beautiful reprint of an old fashioned German scene. It's part of the heritage on my husbands side and I want to help preserve it as much as possible.

Well, I have 3 earflap hats down and 2 more to go. One of which is half done. I like them better and better as each hat is complete. Today is definately a flap hat morning. It is in the 20's and frost is covering everything. If it wasn't dead before, it is now.

This weekend my sister and her girlfriend are coming over and we are doing the great bake off. Or what will in the end feel like it. We are combining our talents and skills and doing all of the holiday goodies in one day and then it will be complete and we can get on with other holiday fun. Wish us luck.

Remember, it is the season of giving and if it comes from your heart you can't go wrong. Don't let the stress of other peoples energy rub off on you. Do what you do and leave the rest. Have a great day

Peace~DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee