Wild Yarn
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
  Are we in England?
I'm sorry, I've woken up every morning for the past several days to over cast drizzly/rainy skies and sometimes I think I've woken up in Europe. I mean really, this has got to stop. I think I've mentioned before that I am definately a sunshine girl. This is just serving to make me depressed and very damp feeling.

Yeah! Harry Potter's new movies is out on DVD today and it will be living in my house by this evening! I think I like this one the best of them all so far. I just love magic, period. So if that is the running theme in a movie, chances are I'll see it, not to mention dragons, anything medevil and with hot half dressed men.

I am making one of the worlds easiest hats right now out of RH Aran Fleck yarn. I really love the look of this yarn. Anyhow, should have it done soon and it will probably stay in my car so when I decide to go hiking at Old Stone Fort, it will be ready to keep my head warm this winter. I'll post a pic of it when it is complete. I'm also making something for my secret pal. That should be done soon too. I ended up frogging the shawl for my best friend, (don't ask) and instead I'm going to finish up the mohair wrap I was making for me and give it to her instead. She will appreciate it more anyway, being as how she is N. Dakota right now and mohair would be a welcome fiber to ward off the chill in the evening. I have a few weeks to get it done and I have made sure that I haven't over-stretched myself with crochet projects for gifts this year. In fact, I already have in mind what I will be making and giving next year! don't hate me. I'm so excited about it. It involves Hemp yarn and some homemade soap....you get where I'm going, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I have pies to bake and cassaroles to prepare. Thanksgiving is a couple of days away and I am so ready for this yummy meal that I can hardly stand it. I made an Apple Cranberry Crisp this morning and already dug into it. It was for dessert tonite, but hell.....I made it, I think I should be able to eat some when I want. To the cook goes the spoils as it should be said. Have a great day....

Peace to all of you this Thanksgiving and blessings to you and your families wherever they are.....DAWN
 
|



<< Home
. . .the Fiber of Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee